Shadow Box Card using Night in Bethlehem #25

Shadow Box Card using Night in Bethlehem #25

Let me just start by saying, I "LOVE" this stamp set! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

and second let me say that I really am wow'ed at how easy it is to create this shadow box card. 

I have gotten so many compliments on how nice this shadow box card has turned out. I know you too will be surprised that with some lovely paper and some stamping and die cutting, you can create a piece that can be used year after year during Christmas.


The designer series paper is Merry Little Christmas. One side is paper that could easily be recognized as holiday themed, but the other can be used for any occasion. It is 12x12 double sided. There are 2 pieces of paper that can be used to make a night sky. This one I just really like how the stars twinkle in the background.

I used some silver foil and whisper white card stock to cut out the town using the matching dies. I used Very vanilla to stamp the star (crushed curry ink), Mary and Joseph (night of navy) and Shepard (night of navy).

But what i think really takes it to the next level is the addition of the sand using Crumbcake card stock that i just cut out hills using my scissors and shaded the edges using my daubber and some Tip Top Taupe (discontinued, but you could use sahara sand).

 For the sentiment I used Night of Navy to stamp it on whisper white card stock and then cut it out using the stitched shape framelits and used the layering ovals to cut out a coordinating scallop oval using layering ovals framelits.

So for the actual shadow box itself. I used 12x12 whisper white dsp. I scored on all four sides at 3/4, 1 1/5, 2 1/4, 3 (every 3/4")

Once that is done on the top and bottom I scored at 3 3/4 and 8 1/4" but only down to the 2nd score line. 

Check out the video to see how easy it is to cut and tape together the box. Don't forget to "LIKE" the video and to subscribe to see more! 

 

So I was actually humble and surprised when someone requested I make them eight shadow boxes for the holidays. Here they are all finished.



Supply List:

Comments