Wood Texture Dsp with Dapper Denim #22

Wood Texture Dsp with Dapper Denim #22

So today's card was one that I have been planning to make all month, by that I mean an anniversary card.  This month is my 19th wedding anniversary and so it has been on my mind to make a card to give to my husband. Plus I also have some family and friends that have anniversaries coming up too! 

Now in looking through my stamps I didn't really have any sentiments for anniversary. So I recently purchased the Beautiful Bouquet because of a lovely happy anniversary sentiment. This stamp set has such beautiful sentiments for weddings, and birthdays too. And of course you could create beautiful bouquets ( pun intended) for your projects.

<

This card comes together actually quite easily.

 

*You need to take a bunch of scraps that are at least 1/2 inch wide, the length doesn't matter as we will be trimming them afterwards.

**Then I use a card base cut at 4.25" (on the short side) and scored at 5.5" so your card will flip upwards. 

***Then I selected a coordinating dsp from the pack and cut it at 4"x 5.25"

****Then I placed my scraps to form a point on the dsp and overlapped how I wanted them. When I liked how it looked I used snail adhesive to stick the strips down. And then trimmed off the excess.

*****Then stick the layer on to the card base.

****** Stamp and emboss the inside with the sentiment and heat emboss with gold powder and there you have it.  A great way to use those scraps to make a fun card.

<

Comments